I choose to blame my 9 year old digital camera and not the fact that I have no photographic eye whatsoever. I had a bunch of fun in the Carolinas, though! Basically it was a week on the beach and me slathered in sunscreen.*
Here are some of the photographs I took~

This was the view from our hotel room. I took this on the last day as we were checking out, so it needed to be about 12 images strung together, and I only had 5. I apologize about the ham-handed PS stitching, but I was working with not-a-fuckin'-lot to make this out. Heh, waking up for 6 days with this to look forward to.

I'm not sure what the seaweed stuff is along the beach, but it was enjoyably alien. There was one where some kind of big beetle (or small crab?) had dug a little hole and was living in the root system. I waiting around for a few minutes to see if it would come out, but no dice.

Hur Hur. (At the Ripley's Aquarium)

Various critters. We went to a gator ranch and an aquarium where these were taken. The Jellyfish photo was the hardest to color correct because it was a tank with a blacklight, so the jellyfish was glowing this bright red-orange that I just couldn't reproduce correctly with my camera.

This was both hilarious and sad. At the gator ranch there was this open-enclosure area for the turtles to walk around, and this one was trying its hardest to crawl out of of penned-in area, only he got about 3 inches out because his shell was too big. You can tell from the wear along the stakes that he and his friends had probably tried more than a couple times. He looks so defeated!

This was supposed to be King Arthur, part of a fortune-telling machine (which gave out fortunes written by someone whose primary language was not English, it appeared). What you're not seeing is that not only was there about 1cm of dust gathered on the rim of the inner machine, but there was also 2 plastic jewel diamonds and a cheaply-made resin glitter-dragon statuette. I'm not sure why they decided to go with the aging British pimp/disgruntled suburban rapist look for the mannequin in the machine or how any conceivable storyline could be cooked up in that King Arthur would be doling out fortunes to the serfdom, but you know... South Carolina.
*That being said, I could never live in the south I think. It's not that it isn't gorgeous and lovely weather, its the selective southern mentality of the very vocal few. (And that does NOT mean everyone in the south by any means!) Some of the 'political discussions' I heard down on the beach literally made me pack up and go back up to my hotel room, furious. I had no clue that people actually believe some of the shit that they do. Outrageous.
Here are some of the photographs I took~

This was the view from our hotel room. I took this on the last day as we were checking out, so it needed to be about 12 images strung together, and I only had 5. I apologize about the ham-handed PS stitching, but I was working with not-a-fuckin'-lot to make this out. Heh, waking up for 6 days with this to look forward to.

I'm not sure what the seaweed stuff is along the beach, but it was enjoyably alien. There was one where some kind of big beetle (or small crab?) had dug a little hole and was living in the root system. I waiting around for a few minutes to see if it would come out, but no dice.

Hur Hur. (At the Ripley's Aquarium)

Various critters. We went to a gator ranch and an aquarium where these were taken. The Jellyfish photo was the hardest to color correct because it was a tank with a blacklight, so the jellyfish was glowing this bright red-orange that I just couldn't reproduce correctly with my camera.

This was both hilarious and sad. At the gator ranch there was this open-enclosure area for the turtles to walk around, and this one was trying its hardest to crawl out of of penned-in area, only he got about 3 inches out because his shell was too big. You can tell from the wear along the stakes that he and his friends had probably tried more than a couple times. He looks so defeated!

This was supposed to be King Arthur, part of a fortune-telling machine (which gave out fortunes written by someone whose primary language was not English, it appeared). What you're not seeing is that not only was there about 1cm of dust gathered on the rim of the inner machine, but there was also 2 plastic jewel diamonds and a cheaply-made resin glitter-dragon statuette. I'm not sure why they decided to go with the aging British pimp/disgruntled suburban rapist look for the mannequin in the machine or how any conceivable storyline could be cooked up in that King Arthur would be doling out fortunes to the serfdom, but you know... South Carolina.
*That being said, I could never live in the south I think. It's not that it isn't gorgeous and lovely weather, its the selective southern mentality of the very vocal few. (And that does NOT mean everyone in the south by any means!) Some of the 'political discussions' I heard down on the beach literally made me pack up and go back up to my hotel room, furious. I had no clue that people actually believe some of the shit that they do. Outrageous.
No comments:
Post a Comment