So. Disappointment. This whole year was supposed to be a fun sort of self fellating nerd year for this goofy-fuck fanfic I started like 15 years ago. (yes, for those who are new to this blog or reading this, yes. I was one of those kids growing up.) And it has been, well- not working out so much. I've started and stopped a few drawings because they just don't seem to come together like I'd like them to, and the one that I was really stoked about earlier in the year did not have a graceful landing. That being said, I still have the original lines on my hard drive 4 months past the point, but I'm still sort of so irritated/gun-shy about the whole deal that they've still remained untouched, even for something as simple as blocking out a few test color runs. Ugh. I need to woman up to the failure that was and move on, but its frustrating.So, I had this other little drawing in my sketchbook I was like "might as well work on." I'm trying to get used to inking things on the computer via SAI because it seems to be a little more consistent. (whenever I scan lines I've done they always end up looking chunkier than they really are, even if I'm needling down with a .005 micron or somesuch.) Its sort of a pain in the ass because i have to move files around on my drives via external FTP, but in the end its nice to finally be able to use it. I haven't really played with SAI outside of doing linework, but maybe later... Anyhow, i worked on the apollo picture above and was sort of surprised that it turned out alright. I colored his sash blue instead of the red it originally was, but *shrugs* s'all good. we'll call this his player2 color variant. *laughs* The version above is also slightly bigger than the one i posted on DA, with none of the extra logo/copyright shitters on it. If anyone wants, I can post the lines later on when its not 2am.
I am getting into a bad habit of doing all my posts at 2am.
Ugh. started working on EGD stuff again. I've sort of decided to make a new Heiwa colorway so that when I compile all of these character design things into one big file it'll look consistent.

(Wait, did I just 'Cool Story, Bro?' myself?...)
No comments:
Post a Comment