So, here are the two designs I sent to her, both in 1 of 3 available colorways. (I didn't bother putting all of the color ideas up here.) Design 1, Design 2 . When I can get from her which one she wants to use, i'll put the final up here too, because fuck yeah, filler!(.tumblr.com)
Here is a list of some books I used as inspiration for this project: Design Connoisseur (2000), Typographic Ornaments and Designs (2001), 2000 early advertising cuts (1995)
Also:
I totally have been forgetting to put up the PM numbers for the (regrettably boring) poses I've been using for all these character things. They aren't drawn verbatim, but they're enough of a match to mention. So here these are if you want em for whatever reason:
Isri - #652
Yellow Rose - #222
Sekhemwy - #232
Deshi - #114
Here is a list of some books I used as inspiration for this project: Design Connoisseur (2000), Typographic Ornaments and Designs (2001), 2000 early advertising cuts (1995)
Also:
I totally have been forgetting to put up the PM numbers for the (regrettably boring) poses I've been using for all these character things. They aren't drawn verbatim, but they're enough of a match to mention. So here these are if you want em for whatever reason:
Isri - #652
Yellow Rose - #222
Sekhemwy - #232
Deshi - #114
2 comments:
They both look great! I have a suggestion for the first design, however, if it gets picked. You need a little more buffer space between your "location" and "RSVP" columns and the surrounding rules. In general they say that it's good to give padding that is 1 1/2 times the size of your text height. Really, I don't think the rules are even entirely necessary; your grid is strong enough to go without it.
@Jenn: I think I may fuck with the spacing between the text and the elements per your suggestion. I think she's leaning towards the first design, too, but I'm not 100% she doesn't want to fuck with it a bit more yet too. We'll see what happens!
Post a Comment