22 June, 2011

A few images.

Nothing big and fancy, just a few images. I did the naughty thing and spent 20$ on 4 different distress stains while I was out at Archiver's. Oh my flippin' crap, are they fun! The colors I currently have are Antique Linen (Dende), Faded Jeans (Nail), Peeled paint (Piccolo), and Weathered Wood (Mahadevi).  Watch out with the Mahadevi one: it has nipple and is NSFW.


I don't do many subtractive style drawings, but I may do more now that I
know how well these stains handle. They can lift up with water (be
careful not to press too hard and pill your paper if it is thin!), but
once dry they don't really life up with erasing. And I erase hard, so that's sayin' somethin'.

The ナメク星人 (Namekian) one is sort of a funny story. We all already know I am queen of the dorks, and used to be the worlds biggest DBZ (& sailormoon) fan when I was younger. So back when AOL had just been graduated to a CD format from 3.5" floppy, I used to RP on a DBZ BBS. I don't remember which bbs group it was, but a few of us fans were working out a developing language to poke into our fan-canon. Namekuseijin language is largely left unknown because Toriyama only developed 3~4 words, so the script and everything else is new territory. Anyhow, about the only thing I remember from the pages of stuff we worked out was "Tchemma-te", meaning 'the three' (tchemma = three, te=honorific suffix), relating to the (then) modern heroes of the Freeza saga. While I was going back through some old backup CDs trying to pick up images from past TNU website updates for a picture I'm planning, I found one of the old .txt files with some ideas we came up with for words. Hence, Tchemma-te.

Tired tired. Need sleep, possibly cake, too.
Mmmm, cake.

PS: Also, remember a few entries back I said I'd post the lines for Apollo? Here they are. If you'd like to practice coloring them or print it out for traditional practice that's fine, just please don't repost them anywhere online. Danke.

1 comment:

Polar bear said...

Sorry I've been quiet the last few weeks. I've been gearing up to move. Thusly, packing!

Your artwork is amazing, and I really like the texture effect the stains add. Way cool!

Oh, and your vacation looks fun! I've never been within spitting distance of the ocean, at least, not in recent memory. And I have the urge to name the turtle Griz'tan. ^.^