18 April, 2010

The new store, it lives!! Also; shoes. (god save me...)

So, after a week of back-pain inducing labor, we finally will be open tommorrow at our new location, and I can't be more proud! We had people from our own place plus lots of help from other stores, and while it took a long while We're finally going to be up and running so it was worth working our asses off. The new location is more than 2x's what our old one was, with the actually saleable floor space being around 1.5x's bigger. Here's some photos I took while we were setting stuff up this week!










Pretty cool, huh? I'll start taking some more when we finally open, too. In part because I always need pictures for my photo albums.

My other downfall lately has been shoes (pretty shooooooes.) We have this cheap store in the mall that basically sells tween/prom-related crap, (I'm like 90% sure its a drug front. there is never anyone actually in there and it has changed it's name about 5 times in the last few years.) but they have some cute shoes in really bright colors that fit in small sizes (YAY!) and bright colors (DOUBLE YAY!) And they have a "buy one get one free" sale right now, which means like 10~15$ pairs for awesome shoes. even if they heels snap off, I don't give a shit, lol. that's what E6000 is for. I've been sorta bad at Target too. I bought two new pairs of shoes from them over the last 2 months and neither are everyday wear, but shit are they cute! I went to find them on the target website, but it looks like they've been sold out and are no longer available. ><* (I'll take a picture of them some other time then.)

that's basically been my life for the past little bit. working on a lot of fanart for people on my big mental back-log list. Most of it right now is DBZ related so I may be entering a stretch of time where you're gonna see a lot of little green alien pictures.ごめん、ね♥♥

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd totally shop at your bookstore if I were in town. 8)

D*H said...

if i had the money i would totally fly you out to iowa so we could hang out for a few days. it's a fucking shame i've never met you IRL. :(

E. Biernott said...

oh wow! I'm really digging the progress of your new workplace area. It looks bigger than the bookstore I work at! Wish Iowa was just a next door neighbor so I could swing by and see this place. I wish you guys and gals the best of success!

D*H said...

@Emmy: ty, lady!Yeah, we're gonna need all of the help/good-luck we can get. But I think we'll be okay with the staff we have - they're good people + hard working. Oh, how is that job at borders going anyhow? I hope the re-acclimation is working out well for you!

Polar bear said...

Store! It looks good, about the size of Bookman's here, before the roof collapse. I look forward to seeing your store all finished.

And yay shoes! Shoes, or the occasional python boot. (/Zappa)