08 August, 2012

EGD Soundtrack

I'm consolidating both discs into one post so that people who want to listen to one after the other don't have to follow eleventy billion blogposts.


Disc One:

Disc Two:



Believe it or not, there is a running theme between the two discs. Since most of the story focuses on Khetwen and the royal family, early on I had mentally established that each character had their own sort of instrument. (I stumbled onto an article in a magazine a few months back that said Composers do that a lot for orchestrated movie collections. I felt sort of smart for the 4 minutes reading that that I'd figured it out beforehand, although I don't have the talent or the money to cobble together an actual OST. Boo-urns.) Heiwa is string instruments (mainly piano/violin), Deshi is Percussive (mainly Tabla & handdrums), Sekhemwy is vocals, Süni is flute/non-segmented wind instruments, and EOH is electronic sounds. Whee!

So, those are the two CDs I've spent the last year trying to par down to an appropriate set of Soundtrack discs. It's kind of odd -- I don't really consider myself a music snob or at all hip to what's new and current in music trends, but I was really fussy about this. There was some stuff that was in the rotation for a few weeks ~ few months that also didn't make it, Largely because I was having such a hard time deciding if I (1) put the song in there just because I really liked the band, (2) could find anywhere in the playlist that it made a clean transition between songs, or (3) was just really into a song for a moment and like 'Yeah! I'm sure I could shoehorn this in somewhere!'

The Did Not Make It Playlist is below in no particular order:

Mind's Eye - Wolfmother
Universe & U - KT Tunstall
Holy Palace - Dhol Foundation
Bittersweet and Sour - Meg Lee Chin
Through the Dark - KT Tunstall

 Now with this out of the way, I shall continue to do some more art dickery. Hoo!

No comments: