While I wade through a disc of NatGeo specials on Ancient Egypt, I realize now more than ever my number one ultimate pet peeve ever. Why, WHY would a station bent on accuracy in it's historical re-enactment of a civilization in the Middle East & North Africa USE ONLY WHITE PEOPLE AS ACTORS?! Because, seriously, when stations like Channel 4 go to greater lengths to use middle eastern and African actors in their portrayal of ancient egypt, it makes me want to throw rocks at my fucking computer monitor.
I seriously have shut off otherwise outstanding programs on ancient Egypt just for using an all European cast. It discredits and slanders an immense swath of history when shit like this is pulled.
Also, I finally finished the last season of LOST.
And I cried the entire last 15 minutes of the episode.
Like a baby.
srsly.
And I still love Saeed + Hurley the mostest. even though Jorge is a poop and wouldn't let me comment on his blog because my comment wasn't good enough or whatever.

I seriously have shut off otherwise outstanding programs on ancient Egypt just for using an all European cast. It discredits and slanders an immense swath of history when shit like this is pulled.
Also, I finally finished the last season of LOST.
And I cried the entire last 15 minutes of the episode.
Like a baby.
srsly.
And I still love Saeed + Hurley the mostest. even though Jorge is a poop and wouldn't let me comment on his blog because my comment wasn't good enough or whatever.

No comments:
Post a Comment