I started watching Lost because (1) I ran out of new episodes of mad men and dexter and (2) seasons 1~4 came into work all at once so I checked em' all out. I'd been avoiding the series for a long time because, honestly, most of the fans bugged me. It was like, you were either a hardcore fan who bought all the merch and rooted for camp such-and-so, or you were not a fan. I had a few of my co-workers talk me into it so... yeah. I'm almost done with season 3. And for as much as I was hoping not to get all addicted to it, I really am finding myself really into the story line now that I'm halfway done with the series. Just the right mix of everything - suspense, humor, love, tragedy, drama...
So far, my favorite part is everyone else's favorite part. (and 3 years too late, I understand what the meme was all about!)
The only thing that pissed me off is that one of the gals who works part-time (shes an RN so she spends most of her time at the hospital) was like "yeah, I sent one of them a fan-letter. he was nice about it. i've heard the cast of Lost have some of the best fan reception because they are so gracious." And I was like "hmm, well maybe I could send Hurley a letter, and then Sayid and Charlie." so I trotted my way over to Hurley / Jorge's blog, and this happened:

So far, my favorite part is everyone else's favorite part. (and 3 years too late, I understand what the meme was all about!)
The only thing that pissed me off is that one of the gals who works part-time (shes an RN so she spends most of her time at the hospital) was like "yeah, I sent one of them a fan-letter. he was nice about it. i've heard the cast of Lost have some of the best fan reception because they are so gracious." And I was like "hmm, well maybe I could send Hurley a letter, and then Sayid and Charlie." so I trotted my way over to Hurley / Jorge's blog, and this happened:

.....You're a cold dude poop, Hugo. I just wanted to spread some love your way. :P
To keep me from frying my eyeballs (I've been plowing through a few episodes a night. It's pretty bad, heh.), I'm working on some aromatherapy things for my friends. my friend Wonton (the roller derby gal) is a vegan, so I've been trying to come up with some stuff I can make her that she can actually use. (I cook for work on and off, but I don't cook vegan friendly, so she gets excluded when i bring bread and cupcakes in. :( ) But, I accidentally stumbled on a Beeswax / Oil(s) combination that may actually work. I need to finish making some pretty labels to put on the containers, so I'll do that and take pictures later. On that note, I also need to refill a bunch of 'orders' for aromatherapy stress-relief sprays. it's nice to feel needed and get my crafty urges out of the way at the same time!
Edit (2 hours later): So, after Wonton assured me that it was okay to use beeswax even though it wasn't vegan -- depending on who you asked and how much of a high-horse they were willing to ride,-- I am done packaging! and of course I was in such a hurry to get them in their bags that I FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES OF THEM. AGAIN. But, I did make lil' labels for them so they look better this time. (usually im just like "here, have this mystery container. i promise it's not poison.") And of course, I didn't run a spell-check so 'apothecary' is spelled wrong in all of them. Spelling is not my strong suit as anyone who reads anything I type knows. Also, I never really played around with layer styles until last week and now I am just having a blast doing stuff with them. :D I've even made a few of my own, although they aren't very good. Once I get some made that are a little better I'll put em' on the journal for people to DL and mess with.
Edit (2 hours later): So, after Wonton assured me that it was okay to use beeswax even though it wasn't vegan -- depending on who you asked and how much of a high-horse they were willing to ride,-- I am done packaging! and of course I was in such a hurry to get them in their bags that I FORGOT TO TAKE PICTURES OF THEM. AGAIN. But, I did make lil' labels for them so they look better this time. (usually im just like "here, have this mystery container. i promise it's not poison.") And of course, I didn't run a spell-check so 'apothecary' is spelled wrong in all of them. Spelling is not my strong suit as anyone who reads anything I type knows. Also, I never really played around with layer styles until last week and now I am just having a blast doing stuff with them. :D I've even made a few of my own, although they aren't very good. Once I get some made that are a little better I'll put em' on the journal for people to DL and mess with.

2 comments:
I love that Jorge kinda looks like me, and that he has to use a CRT monitor!
You and him are sort of similar. You both have the same dark, beautiful eyes. I like that. LOL, I wish I had my old CRT back. I like the size of my current LCD but the color calibration is not even remotely close to what I could get with my old trinitron. too bad they are like 100 lbs. of suck. >:(
Post a Comment