I've gone into another one of those curiosity soaked rages that causes me to do a lot of dicking around but not really accomplish anything of worth. I have a lot of pens laying around, some of them im sure were never meant to be used as inking material, but I'll never know for 100% until I tested em, so here's a continuation of that:

Basically, here are the two inks I have found that work the best: For Brushes, its modified Acee's witches brew. For set-sized pens, its Copic Fineliners. For Nibs, its Deleter #1 (marker-proof) and #3 (waterproof). I'd like to find a nib ink that is both water and marker proof, and technically you could use Acee's for that, but I don't have a good dilution scale for it yet so its still a little bit too runny.
I've been thinking about doing a comic page for Maha's storyline up until now (in a ultra-super-condensed form...4 years in 2 pages, condensed...) and I would like to ink it traditionally (American traditionalist, specifically) but I don't know dick about inking with brushes or brush pens, so I think you'll be see some experimenting from me on those levels as well. So far, this is just a little bit I've done on some test art. ( The art is from Mark Brooks (diablo2003 @ DA) who is a professional artist working mainly through Marvel and a few indies. his pencils are goddamn amazing, so are his inks. He's done some of my favorite marvel art ever, and I'd like to see him do some more full interior runs.)


Basically, here are the two inks I have found that work the best: For Brushes, its modified Acee's witches brew. For set-sized pens, its Copic Fineliners. For Nibs, its Deleter #1 (marker-proof) and #3 (waterproof). I'd like to find a nib ink that is both water and marker proof, and technically you could use Acee's for that, but I don't have a good dilution scale for it yet so its still a little bit too runny.
I've been thinking about doing a comic page for Maha's storyline up until now (in a ultra-super-condensed form...4 years in 2 pages, condensed...) and I would like to ink it traditionally (American traditionalist, specifically) but I don't know dick about inking with brushes or brush pens, so I think you'll be see some experimenting from me on those levels as well. So far, this is just a little bit I've done on some test art. ( The art is from Mark Brooks (diablo2003 @ DA) who is a professional artist working mainly through Marvel and a few indies. his pencils are goddamn amazing, so are his inks. He's done some of my favorite marvel art ever, and I'd like to see him do some more full interior runs.)

So that's about my brain capacity for tonight. I was going to make an art rant about the growing number of "HAHA I have a WOW toon who is a total fatty and stereotypical, aren't i cutting edge?!1!11one" but I decided y'all can save a few days before I blow my shit. (although i hear I am quite hilarious when I'm self-righteous, heh.)
3 comments:
PITT PITT PITT! and there is another pen i love but i am not at home and don't remember the name!!
@joe: when you figure out the other pen name, do tell me. :3 i'd be interested in what pens you're using and what works well for you.
I was going to make an art rant about the growing number of "HAHA I have a WOW toon who is a total fatty and stereotypical, aren't i cutting edge?!1!11one" but I decided y'all can save a few days before I blow my shit.
I've been away from the internet for a little while visiting family upstate.. but now that I'm back and I've caught up on the 450 deviantart updates that've accumulated in my friends-watch box, I now see what you mean. And I have to ask, wtf started it and whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 8|
Post a Comment