19 March, 2010

I shouldnt have to be naked for you to look at me >:(

I have been unhappy with the lot of 'artists' on DA for a long time. Its not that they aren't talented, but--  here, do me a quickie and just look at the main page. You see all of those "top hits" images that appear, like the top 50 images of the day or whatever? Do this quick test for me: How many of those women are naked, masturbating, or only drawn for the male gaze? I'm done with it, seriously. It is goddamn disgusting and disturbing that people who consider themselves fine artists in whatever medium still, in 2010, denigrate women so unabashedly. I should not have to make soft-core porn or have a gallery full of sexualized, naked bimbos just to be seen.

I'm making a group. Its coming soon. its called "#Womanlyrespect" and its about people who feel similarly. >:(

2 comments:

E. Biernott said...

Sounds like a dynomite plan to me sister. I've been annoyed with the whole over-sexed front page for a couple years now. Not to mention I also get irritated when a penis shot gets Hollywood treatment and 100+ million favorites.

D*H said...

its up an running,emmerz.