22 January, 2010

Why am I still awake at this fuck-awful hour...

So, I should probably explain my last post. Which will also, subsequently, explain this post as well.

So I got a new 1Tb internal drive (late x-mas present of sorts from my mom :3), and I figured I'd use it as my windows drive since my Mac Pro is Intel-based and thus has the capacity to do that. Anyhow, the night I went to install it all I could *not* get windows on the second drive, no matter how much futzing I did. So, many hours after the fact, everyone who looks at this blog gets to see me basically melt down.
My lil bro (computer whiz!) took the internal drive over to his machine at home (which he has as a dual mac / wintel machine for gaming and such.) Between him and my dad, they got it fixed and brought it back over to me!

Anyhow, I'm going to dick around with it more after I get my WOW app up to date (only so that i can *finally* use the WOWModelViewer.app again) and then i have to finish updating windows vista (ugh. windows sucks, im sorry...) then im back to my mac drive and all of the fun that entitles. I'm *hoping* to eventually install SAI Painter onto my windows drive once its ready. wish me luck!

3 comments:

Polar bear said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Polar bear said...

I saw your last post and was kind of "Umm... I don't know anything about Boot Camp, and I despise Vista, so I'm gonna keep my mouth shut."

Glad your bro and your dad got it working for you. I know getting new things working on computers is frustrating most of the time. Good luck setting it up!

*reposted because blogger ate part of the comment. >.<

E. Biernott said...

Yeah, I totally fucking loathe Vista as much as the next average joe, so I give you my deep dish sympathies, especially in your last post. ( I too have loud caps lock rage against situations involving that OS. )

I'm glad things are swimming for you now, and SAI should be a breeze to install since it only took under 5 mins for me. If you haven't played around with it yet, you're going to love the results it gives.