Mainly, the ebay selling has been going great, with what (I'm hoping?) will end up being $1,600 raised for my grandmom. She has no job anymore, and her meds' alone are about $800/month, so that money wont go super far but that's more than she's had in a while so i am very very happy. We're still hoping that the shop will sell, but with the economy still in a recession (regardless of what some people in congress have spit out, we're still in a recession. Don't be fooled.) I think it may be too late before she gets the money from the shop she needs. I'm hoping that people come soon and try to buy it before it gets too cold to go looking around at places.
Secondly, I am on a mission. I need to raise about $800 to pay off car insurance and bills and such, so after I'm done selling G'moms stuff I am going to start selling off some of my own stuff on ebay. I have loads of action figures (some MIB, some not), sketch cards, and possibly comics + doujinshi to get rid of. I'm excited about the sketchcards since they seem to do pretty well on ebay, and I know for a fact I can do better than a lot of the 'official marvel commmissioned artists'. (No disrespect! I just don't have a timeline so i can spend more time tweaking individual cards as opposed to chugging out a line of 80 cards in a 2 month period.)
Also, I finally got my first tattoos!
I know for most people this really wont seem like a big deal. I suppose its not, and what I got can be fit easily under two dimes. I've been holding off getting anything done because I wanted to really mull over what I wanted to do for a few years, and go to someone I both liked and trusted as opposed to just schlepping into some college-town studio and having some bored tattoo artist give me a crappy tattoo for 30$ that I'd have to get touched up in a year for another 40$. There's a studio down here that used to be called 5 point but is now called iron heart tattoo and they are manned by some of the sweetest, most genuinely nice tattoo artists i've ever met. (and in the 5+ years i've been mulling this over, i have checked out a lot of studios in the dsm/ames area.) Anyhow, I got my 3 lucky numbers done today: IV and IX (and the third is undone/implied -- just add them both together: XIII). I don't want to go into a song and dance about why they're special but they are and I'm very happy to see how they heal when the swelling goes down.Anyhow, I *am* on the path to clawing my way out of ebay-land so i do expect to start working on stuff soon at some point. Go team midget!
No comments:
Post a Comment