well I was going to write a post about some cute peach crates I got from work today, but my web domain is down because they screwed up something in the billing department. (BRAAAGGH!) So for the last little bit its been frantic emails to my web host trying to figure why the hell its down.
Guh.
Long story short, I have inherited my Dad's side of the families' weird disposition towards collecting all sorts of ephemera (read: useless random shit). I have boxes of old, dilapidated books, broken dolls and toy parts, a box of broken glass bits and rusted peices of metal found by the road, etc. My goal is to some day configure them all into some sort of artwork, but I've just been so "dont-wanna-go-to-work" lately that I've become this über pile of non-commitment. I'm hoping to change that little by little (im doing a few screenprinting projects for friends), and im also hoping to use these peach boxes to spark something. My drawing has been sort of 'eh' lately again. i get about a doodle done a week. better than what it was I guess. *laughs*
Anyway,... crates! I tried to google for a picture or a label or something, and I cant find one (since i like having images with my posts. makes them less boring). I'll just throw some photos up when my web host has stopped being a D-bag. Theres two of them, and both of them have different labels. Theres some mild mold/mildew yuck on them, but im thinking i can give them a good scrubbing and get it off. afterwords, im shellacin' the hell out of them. For the time being I'm going to use them for storing my fabrics in (another project... hah!) and on the off chance i ever get into some sort of art fair thing, maybe they can be used for displays or props or something. either way, nice, sturdy wooden boxes with a retro flair. yippee!
also, I made the *best* blowhard, "im just going to buy you goddammit" purchase on ebay. For This. I didnt pay as much as they are asking for it retail (160$ + SH? kiss my ass!) but it was still a chunk o' money. im excited. i think he'll bring my collection back over 25.
what has everyone been working on art wise? ive been trying to diddle around more with traditional media. ive been feeling sort of disillusioned with CG stuff lately.
1 comment:
Crates! If the moldy mildew yuk runs deep, might i suggest 80 grit sandpaper, with finer grits if you want them smooth and shiny with the shellac.
Me, my sister told me I need to make her a "box o' stuff," as well as a box for a gift for someone. Other than that, not a whole lot going on.
Post a Comment