Ever want to be both inspired and insanely depressed at the same time? Listen to Arvo Pärt: Litany. He is so talented, and if the music is any indication, has this very sensitive fragility about him. This is the music every fantasy film ever wishes it had the money to commission.
So far the holidays has been sort of a mixed bag.
I've gotten to hang out with my friends a lot more and my Bro' too, and that's always something to chalk up to a win. However, I did that thing again this year where I was like "I'm gonna save money by making all of these really cute little gifts using stuff I already have!" and all it's done is tunneled me into this spiral of anxiety and depression. (Not to mention I'm sort of going through another fucking awful art crisis right now. I don't have the energy to bitch about it atm, but maybe later.) The online/out-of-state/out-of-country people are the ones who are going to 'suffer' the most from it, as it has very quickly become clear that presents and images meant to arrive by x-mas will likely come after Jan 1, 2011. I just couldn't keep up with my own excitement and I did that thing where I got so many projects so big so fast that I gave myself a panic attack and half of them had to be abandoned or severely downsized.
I wish I wasn't such a regrettable sad-sack at times like this.
In current fashion, I don't have art but I do have hilarity to offer:

So far the holidays has been sort of a mixed bag.
I've gotten to hang out with my friends a lot more and my Bro' too, and that's always something to chalk up to a win. However, I did that thing again this year where I was like "I'm gonna save money by making all of these really cute little gifts using stuff I already have!" and all it's done is tunneled me into this spiral of anxiety and depression. (Not to mention I'm sort of going through another fucking awful art crisis right now. I don't have the energy to bitch about it atm, but maybe later.) The online/out-of-state/out-of-country people are the ones who are going to 'suffer' the most from it, as it has very quickly become clear that presents and images meant to arrive by x-mas will likely come after Jan 1, 2011. I just couldn't keep up with my own excitement and I did that thing where I got so many projects so big so fast that I gave myself a panic attack and half of them had to be abandoned or severely downsized.
I wish I wasn't such a regrettable sad-sack at times like this.
In current fashion, I don't have art but I do have hilarity to offer:

1 comment:
this holiday is nuts for me too... no way i could make something for everyone, i can barely find something to BUY for everyone D8
Post a Comment