So, I've been working off and on on a few pictures trying to move across ideas. I'm really pumped to start finishing some stuff so I'm not just uploading animated GIFs all the time (although some of them are goddamn amazing). I've had a few days where I've been been pretty progressive in my laundry list of shit to do.
First are some WOW images, even though I haven't played for months now (not enough time to juggle other stuff @_@). I've been having a hell of a time with a picture of Ogun -- the spiteful warrior spirit inhabiting my time-travelin' boy Trolly on SC -- and getting his intensity through.

First are some WOW images, even though I haven't played for months now (not enough time to juggle other stuff @_@). I've been having a hell of a time with a picture of Ogun -- the spiteful warrior spirit inhabiting my time-travelin' boy Trolly on SC -- and getting his intensity through.

He's based off of the Yoruba / SanterĂa / Vodun ideal of the African Ogun family of spirits (even though a single character couldn't even grasp the entire breadth of a figure like Ogun. I've been plowing through so much literature on him over the years it makes my head hurt.) Anyhow, I liked how this was turning out initially but it just didn't seem mean enough. Granted, its just a thumbnail I went to traditional because I feel more comfortable there, and I think I managed to convey his anger+ size a bit better:

(click for larger!)

(click for larger!)
I don't have an image for him yet which really sucks, so hopefully soon I'll have an appropriate ref for Ogun to use so when I'm writing stories I have half an idea what to shoot for. In the words of Patton Oswalt, he'll "...have rape for dinner."
Also, I got an image for Mahadevi done of a possible costume idea. Trust me, it's not great, but I had fun messing around with the idea. She has on an auxiliary haircut I always imagined for her when she wasn't "on the job", but because blizzard decided to give the troll women only 2 good haircuts and make the rest hideous, I don't think this one will ever be realized in the game. Too bad, too. Sort of got a industrial-goth-Bettie-Page thing going on. Very attractive!
And finally, Because I said I would start working on EGD stuff, my first character sheet. I've got lots more to work on, but those will have to wait until I clear out some of this backlog shit. >_>; I just had to get the most important one out of the way since he's my most personal OC:
(click for larger!)
(I hardly get any fanart of him when i do trades, and that makes me a sad panda.)
So, I think that's all for tonight. Everyone remember to get out and vote if you haven't already! (I sent my absentee in a couple weeks ago since we're always short staffed on voting day.) And for the (maybe?) 1 holdout person looking for an animated gif to fill you with happiness, I bring you this as a closer:
Also, I got an image for Mahadevi done of a possible costume idea. Trust me, it's not great, but I had fun messing around with the idea. She has on an auxiliary haircut I always imagined for her when she wasn't "on the job", but because blizzard decided to give the troll women only 2 good haircuts and make the rest hideous, I don't think this one will ever be realized in the game. Too bad, too. Sort of got a industrial-goth-Bettie-Page thing going on. Very attractive!
And finally, Because I said I would start working on EGD stuff, my first character sheet. I've got lots more to work on, but those will have to wait until I clear out some of this backlog shit. >_>; I just had to get the most important one out of the way since he's my most personal OC:
(click for larger!)
(I hardly get any fanart of him when i do trades, and that makes me a sad panda.)
So, I think that's all for tonight. Everyone remember to get out and vote if you haven't already! (I sent my absentee in a couple weeks ago since we're always short staffed on voting day.) And for the (maybe?) 1 holdout person looking for an animated gif to fill you with happiness, I bring you this as a closer:

1 comment:
still wondering why you don't work for blizzard yet! California is a great place to live!
Post a Comment