12 August, 2010

My cat has no respect for my attempts to woo her.

The weather here has been pretty messed up lately. Half of Iowa is under severe flooding, worse than what we had back in 1993 (on-record, 1993 was the worst state-wide flooding in recorded history). My internet service has been choppy and its been raining so hard most of the time that at night I get awoke to the sound of lightning burning out the local lightning-rod neighborhood transformer again and again. Thank fucking god my computer is hooked up to a rockin' surge protector unit. Anyhoo, I took a picture of one of the storms rolling in. I rather liked it. Maybe if I can figure out how to futz with the colors I'll throw it up on the website or something.


Also, been enjoying some crafting while I plug through all 5 seasons of Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe. I have a friend's birthday coming up soon and I'm going to meet up with her in chicago, so I wanted to make her something since i don't have much $$ right now. she really likes dinosaurs, so I tried to make her a big T-rex pillow. It ended up being both so horribly hideous and laughably small that I think she'll enjoy the sheer failure of it even if all she does it give it to her dog to rip up. On that note, i also made my cat a catnip foot to play with since her old catnip toy is nommed to shit right now. Of course, she was only interested in her toy foot for about 2 seconds before she decided to wander back off into the bedroom. Fucking cat!







No comments: