25 August, 2010

chicago + Holbein

I got back from Chicago a little under a week ago. I had a lot of fun, did a shit-ton of wandering around and spent way more money than I should have. (Debt + Debt = o hai.) I didn't end up taking as many pictures as i usually do on trips because I was so afraid of looking like a tourist. That and I was trying to enjoy time with my friend since she's not in Iowa.









So, I have also been working on dicking around with some grey-scale acrylic stuff and I was curious if anyone had ever used Holbein Acryla Gouache. I had seen some on sale at the Madison Dick Blick in Chicago but I did'nt want to haul more onto the train then I absolutely had to. (My friend had to practically pry me out of that store. Didn't help there were some terribly hot people in there. buh.) I love using gouache, but unless you add in casein emulsion (which can destroy cheap paints and alter the pigment reflection on others) they aren't terribly waterproof when they are dry. and i'm looking for matte finish but I wanna work in waterproof layers (when they're dry, that is.)

No comments: