15 May, 2010

I managed to kill a plant in 12 hours.

A new record for me. I was trying to give a shot at growing a heliotrope, and for all of the "oh, they're so easy to care for!" I killed mine almost as soon as I transplanted it. I'm going to give it like another few days and if if doesn't perk back up, its going to become mulch for some other plant. I may just try and grow some indoor herbs like lavender or something. *sigh*

One of the gals at work is a professor for one of the local colleges and she was telling me about how glad she is summer is over. apparently she didn't get a TA so she had to grade around a hundred final papers on her own. I think she's at a semi-smaller college so they may not have the funds to give to TAs - they may just be doing internship stuff when they can, and of course if the pro-bono TAs are all doing thesis stuff around the same time as the other professors --  you get the idea.

Her situation made me think of Heiwa/Hakeem. *sighs again* I'm not very good at drawing him. One of these days I'll get him right, do him justice or some-such. (not like people give a shit, lol. most art these days seems to be going the realm of 'cute, perky-breasted skinny white girl'... of which he is, surely, not at all.)



Someone has a case of cranky-pants!

1 comment:

Jenn L. said...

I love all of your art, skinny white girls included, but I also really love Hakeem. Haven't seen him in a while. So happy!