I'm feeling a lot of things about what she's doing right now with her videos, especially with the borrowed Bettie Page imagery (from Bettie's earlier 8mms, especially, at least in the 'why dont you love me video'.) I'm eagerly awaiting a few of my blogs to pick this up and see what they have to say, both from a Feminist standpoint and a Women of Color standpoint. I think just as an early knee-jerk reaction, I really like what I'm seeing and there are lots of layers to be deconstructed from this, some of them poignent and others, im sure, more superficial.
Give it a look, yes? I must admit, Beyoncé is right up there with Halle Berry, Shingai Shonwai (Of the Noisettes), and Janelle Monáe for me. Beautiful Black women who just ooze talent and class and leave everyone behind them in a stupor.
Give it a look, yes? I must admit, Beyoncé is right up there with Halle Berry, Shingai Shonwai (Of the Noisettes), and Janelle Monáe for me. Beautiful Black women who just ooze talent and class and leave everyone behind them in a stupor.
No comments:
Post a Comment