01 November, 2009

ugh!

I just started writing about halloween and my stupid entry got erased. Goddamn interwebs eating my brilliant ramblings! (brilliant meaning, "sleep deprived and sugar fueled" in this context.) I was baking some stuff last night for today and now I can't sleep because im excited for all of the yummy food coming into work tomorrow. (For people not from the Midwest, food is a big deal in the rural part of the country. All food becomes this odd bonding experience / endless water-cooler moment, and we're also all poor from working retail so any time people bring in food they get to be king for a day and that's one less grocery we have to buy.)
I'm going to have to wake up a little early to get everything settled together, but I am still really excited! Halloween has both this spirital side and this silly-escapist-holiday side that are in just the right combination. I love dressing up for a day, I love candy, I love people being silly and happy and 'given' permission to act like a 10 year old for a night. I think we need more days in the year like halloween, even if its no longer considered in its unadulterated form.

So, pictures!

 Here's some treat bags I made. I ended up pouring way too much time and energy into this year's halloween, but s'all good. This is one of the few holidays I 'go big or go home'.



Some skull candies I made for our work halloween party. Whee! Facial Hair!





Cupcakes! who doesn't like cupcakes?


A mask I made for a friends Dr. Killinger costume. It was pretty lame but it helped me burn 5 minutes while I nuked some ramen.


Sugar Skulls abound! I took some closeups of my favorites, most of them being ones my little bro' made. I was really pleased with how well they turned out since these are my first ones to date. Geggington helped me construct and decorate them, and without him this would have been only a fraction of much fun. (i wuvs my geggingtons!!!!!!)






Theres a halloween doodle of Hime to be finished lurking about somewhere on my computer, but I'll finish it later. Right now I should probably make way towards me' bed.

2 comments:

E. Biernott said...

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUUUUUUUUUMMMMNNNNGHHHH
girl! That's some serious mass pile of productivity right there. God them bearded skullies made me giggle, but you really did an awesome job with everything overall! I want to steal your craft skills now.

Polar bear said...

Did Dr. Killinger have a magic murder bag, too?

Looks like it was fun!