20 June, 2009

have to get the grunt work out of the way first.

I usually do height charts first when im considering working on a project so I have a rough gauge of what the hell is going on. I look pretty much like this IRL, lots of hips.



I thought it would be funny for them to keep confusing her for a 12 year old boy (I actually get that a lot now. im not sure why, I have decently sized boobs for my height.) So I think that's going to keep coming up.

Oh! My dad gave me the families' old smith-corona typewriter from (im guessing?) the 60s. It comes in this big metal suitcase and I was lucky because the ribbon still had a lot of ink on it. I was worried I was going to have to buy a new one from offline but i guess not! :D

2 comments:

Woejilliams said...

I love Metalocoplyse and your sketches look great. Very "on model" as they say in the animation business. We both seem to draw ourselves a lot. I wonder if that is a common thing among artists.

Venture Bros. is the best show on adultswim, by the way. Maybe the best show ever. As in all time.

I wear Venture Bros t-shirts under my work clothes almost everyday. Even today.

D*H said...

Ive drawn myself a lot in the last 3 months for some reason, yeah. (everything i draw i basically put up on the sketchbook since i draw so infrequently anymore). 3 times in the last.. 5 years? kind of odd for me since i dont like drawing myself. :( we'll see what happens.

Oh, VB. Man, I totally missed that train for some reason. I caught it but never in a linear fashion and now im so damn behind im like "I have no idea whats going on." One of my gal-pals at work is a massive VBro fan, keeps trying to get me over so we can watch all of the episodes. I made her a necklace with Killinger's magic murder bag on it and she almost shat herself. good times.