For Christmas (or whatever holiday you choose to insert in there) i made a bunch of coworkers little organizational pouches from fair-trade linen cloth. it proved time consuming and frustrating, but everyone seemed pretty happy with it so point set match Heidi. Well my friends mom* collects old fashioned aprons and cute sorts of domestic things like that. (Like i said, Betty Crocker.) So i was like "yeah! lets make an apron!" well it only took me like 8 hours to make one apron, and i fucked up about ten thousand times, but its done! And most of my fuckups were hidden or can be passed off as being 'rustic', so ANOTHER point set match me!

The cream color is a remnant of the fair-trade linen and the green is also linen but its just something bought from Joann Fabric. I also had to make her a card since I like doing collage/scrapbooky type stuff too.

Problem is, after I looked at my projects list thinking "yeah! like only two more to do!" and pffft, yeah. I was way wrong. the *top* priority ones I need to get done are 4 pictures, 3 possible paid commissions between 2 people, and one jewelry commission for a friend's birthday. And that's just the shit that i have to get done to consider myself caught up with "high priority" stuff.
back to the sulfur mines. The sooner I can get done with all the stuff the sooner i can dive back into WOW! (I haven't been active there for almost 2 months now. kinda getting itchy fingers.)
* I'm not using her name so that she can't Google this and find out I'm talking about her. i don't know how creepy that would be considered to be blogging about my friend's-mom-crush.
1 comment:
That stuff is so cute! Good job making it, and good luck with the rest! 8D
Post a Comment