25 November, 2008

*rolls out of the darkness*

I promise im not dead, just very tired! and lazy! and in need of dead bird with 'tatos!



And below is the making of this off-color-calibration monster! (GOD PLEASE, I NEED A DECENT SCANNER!!!)









2 comments:

E. Biernott said...

ah cool! I didn't know you used watercolor on this piece. ( I'm dense and never read descriptions anymore and plus I'm just dense. )
What watercolor brand did you use again? And is that a hot or cold press paper you watercolored on?

D*H said...

I used ph martins colored inks for the main color flats and then had to go over some areas in reeves gouche (which is the chalkiest, ugliest color spectrum EVER but i could afford it. :3 Given money weren't an issue I'd buy a set of holbein gouche).

As for paper I made a big old poop of a mistake. I *should* have used watercolor paper (i usually use hotpress because im not huge on expressive painting so I dont like lots of texture). However, i used thin marker cardstock and even after streching the paper it still got little bends and such in it. stupid paper! *hits paper*